Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend Recap.

This weekend was quite busy, and had some enjoyable moments, and not so enjoyable moments.

To start with the good news, my mom and brothers decided to make a trip down ( from St. George) It was really nice to spend some time with my family and catch up on everything. Even if we sat around sometimes it was still time well spent.

Andrew who is my oldest brother came down on Wednesday and got to visit with a few friends up here. He brought his giant expensive camera and will be sending me all the million photos he took while he was up here.

Alex my younger brother has grown so much. He's 9 years old and is almost as tall as I am. Which isnt hard to beat, but 9!! I felt very short, and he'll be passing my height by next year I bet!

My mom, me and Caitlynn all went shopping and got some cute winter P.J's for Caitlynn and two new pairs of shoes. My mom bought Caitlynn a bunch of stuff... Thanks Mom!! Caitlynn is so spoiled! :) I think thats what happens when you become a Grandma... :) Or thats what they all say.

So now to the not so fun news...

On Friday night we put Caitlynn down for bed as usual. She didnt fuss and actually layed in her big girl bed and went to sleep with no "quiet playing"

At around 1am Jeff got up after hearing some weird whining in her room. Usually we just check in and make sure she didnt fall off her bed, which doesnt happen often, but occasionally. Jeff opened her bedroom door and right off the bat smelt something really bad.

Poor Caitlynn had threw up laying down and had got all over her body and her face/hair. Jeff rushed her in the bathroom and into the tub. I got up and had to change her sheets and bedding. After a wash in the tub, and getting cleaned up, my poor little girl only wanted to snuggle. She's usually very independant and would rather just lay by herself, or with mom and dad next to her, She's not always up for constant snuggles.

Right when I thought Caitlynn was feeling alright, she started that throw up sounds and I had to grab the bucket with lightening speed. This happened probably for a good 45 minutes.. Constant throwing up. While thinking I did a good job getting most of her throw up in the bucket, I noticed a lot was on MY shirt.. Nothing like a lovely throw up-athon. :)

Caitlynn ended up going to bed, the day turned out fine, She didnt even act sick which was nice.

The next night was even worse I think. Once again during her bedtime check up, noticing something wasnt right, and turns out poor girl had a zip up Pajama and had poop from her neck to her feet. I think midnight baths have become pretty popular around here!

As you can imagine its been a joyful time. The nights I dread because I just know something is going to happen next.

We have pretty much figured out that it was probably some type of the flu. Stomach flu, 24 hour flu, something! It has not been fun.

Thankfully she never got a fever, and was able to eat normally during the day, and drink pedialite. Lets just cross your fingers this has passed and tonight will be a "normal" night. Here is a few pictures I took of Caitlynn during the day. NO sick girl here!

I'm going to wait to post the pictures from this weekend until my brother sends me the ones he took. They are higher quality, and he brought his camera everywhere and places I forgot mine.

Sorry this was a long post. Next post will mostly be pictures!! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger C. Houghton said...

Oh my goodness Aud! How horrible. I think every mother has to have at least one of these moments where we have to get up at 1 or so to clean up throw up. I hope she's feeling better now!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bad times Brody has only thrown up twice, Once on a trip to vegas and the other sitting home. The worst is when the throw up is on your neck and down your shirt then it ends up in your hair!Lets just say I cut the shirt off!!! Hey being pregnant and having to think of taking it off, NO THANKS!!! I hope she is feeling better.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home