Monday, September 29, 2008

My weekend recap...
So Friday night I went to bed with the normal after meal heartburn. I took some tums and that seemed to help right away. I drifted off to sleep, and soon enough, about 11:00pm I woke up with extreme stomach pains. All on my left side was cramping and felt like someone was stabbing my insides.. I pretty much crawled into the bathroom thinking I just needed to throw up, but the pain wasnt anything like heart burn, it felt like my insides were just being twisted and pulled out! Anyways.. I ended up basically screaming for Jeff to do something. I had no clue what was happening to me. The pain wasnt in my lower belly, or "pregnancy pain" it was all something else. SO I sat on the bed, basically just crying and crying. The pain kept getting worse, and as the pain got worse, I started to throw up because of it. I didnt feel sick, My body just basically made me throw up. Anyways.. Jeff took a few seconds to try to figure out what he could do, but realized there was nothing he could do at that moment and that I needed to take a visit to the E.R. After a long car ride, or so it seemed. We finally made it to the hospital... They ended up giving me a big shot on my right side of Morphine, and ran some blood work. They also hooked me up to the contraction monitor, and heart beat monitor for the baby. Luckily they were both good, no early contractions, and the babies heart rate was great.

AFter about 5 hours... the blood work came back normal. No high white blood cells, and no abnormal results to make them think it was any of my organs. The lady told me it was probably a pulled muscle from throwing up... but I BLUNTLY told her that I woke up with the pain, and was not throwing up before it came! So they sent me home with a PRETERM LABOR RELEASE! I wasnt having any contractions.. so why the preterm labor sheet??? Trust me.. I know what preterm labor is, and I was not having preterm labor. So basically all day long I took it easy, slept and even watched a few movies. Its all I could do. My whole body was so sore, and weak, and after having that morphine shot I pretty much slept for 10 hours!

So I still have no clue what happened, and the lady said all she could think about was having the flu, and that I probably just had a bad perk of it in the middle of the night.. I was so frustrated because the pain is NOTHING like the flu... UGh!

Anyways.. So my weekend was full of NOTHING!! I rested and even took off Monday because I didnt feel 100% myself after it all. I'm hoping nothing like that happens again.

PS... It was not a fun experience having your progesterone shot in one side, and having a painful morphine shot in the other! I told Jeff that Its one thing to have a sore bum on one side, but both sides is just horrible!

2 Comments:

Blogger C. Houghton said...

I hope you don't have another thing like this happen again! I am hoping for only good things with this pregnancy so hopefully my hoping will help you :)

9:14 AM  
Blogger Ashlie said...

No mention of my visit...see how you are?! Just kidding. I hope you don't have anymore pains like this. I know I'm not as close, but if you need me for anything, call. :) Love you twin!

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home