Wednesday, October 01, 2008

TAKE A RANDOM GUESS...
So after the frustration of my past weekend, and going on day 5 of still being in pain I called my O.B. and let him know about my E.R. visit and basically said that if I had the "flu" then wouldnt it be going away after 5 days? Not getting worse??
So he offered to give me some pain medication, but wanted me to make a quick visit and he would do a urine test just to see if there was any immediate signs that would give us any answers.
I drove to his office during my hour lunch break at work... Thinking it would only be an hour.. Boy was I wrong!
My doctor took one look at me and tapped on my back, and it sent shooting pains down my whole body. He said.. " I bet you have a kidney stone..." I didnt know how to feel at that point.. Happy that I had someone actually care what I was going through and try to figure out what I had, or start to cry because I've already had to pass one stone in my life, and I DID NOT want to do it again!
So... To make a long story short, I ended up having two ultrasound's done on both kidney's. Since I was experiencing pain on my left side, and my previous kidney stone was on the right side, he wanted to just doube check... I had blood work taken AGAIN, and yet another Urine test..
After all the tests I was headed to my car, when the nurse called me and said the Radiologist found two small stones in my left kidney. SIGH!! I was relieved to have some type of answer.. and annoyed that it took FIVE DAYS to figure out that I had this!
So now I'm on medication for nausea, and pain, and basically trying to drink as much water to flush out my system and pass these horrible things...
This is what a kidney stone looks like under a microscope... NO WONDER ITS PAINFUL!! GOSH!
So far things are going better now that I have some medication, and I'm not constantly throwing up because of the pain. My doctor did tell me that if I havent passed the stones in a week then he would have me stay 24 hours in the hospital so they could flush out my kidney's with I.V. fluids. I'm hoping it wont get that far...I'd really like to do something other than lay on the couch and have Jeff heat up my rice bag every ten minutes. :)
Thanks for everyone who has been concerned, and who has helped me out through all of this. I really appreciate all my friends and family! I love you guys! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Man oh man what we go through for these babies!!! Dax was so heavy he hurt my back so I now have constant back pains its crazy. I just glad that you know whats going on and you can fix it! I'm having an open house next thursday for the scentsy so look for my next post!

11:28 AM  
Blogger C. Houghton said...

Let me just tell you when you told me it was kidney stones how relieved I was even though I'm sure it sucks! At least it's not a scary sign of pre-term labor or something.
I just hope that passing it won't be bad..:( how horrible.
I hope that the medicine helps with everything.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Shanna said...

that sucks! sorry

8:41 PM  
Blogger Kim and Chet said...

Hi, I hope you are feeling better. I had to put my blog on private so send me you email address to sqrlybrly@yahoo.com so I can invite you!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home