Happy Mother's day!
This weekend went really well. Our family spent some time visiting family and friends. I, of course forgot my camera, so no pictures this time, but I will get some soon.
This weekend Jeff did most of our grocery shopping and bought some good meals for him to cook. He's really the best cook, and I'm so grateful that he enjoys it, and loves to cook because I have no energy or time to think of something to cook when I get home from work. I especially love that he tries new things and creates new marinades or dinners that turn out really well.
I'm blessed that I have a husband that loves cooking for me, and if only he enjoyed cleaning the toilet and doing laundry as much.. ( just kidding)
Anyways... Sunday morning I got to sleep in, no noises, or Caitlynn coming in trying to wake me up. I also woke up to yummy pancakes, eggs and bacon. It smelt so good! After we had breakfast Caitlynn went down for a nap ( it was about 11am) She had got up at 6am! Which again.. I didnt know cause I was SLEEPING! So after Caitlynn was down for a nap we ended up taking a nap as well. I swear all I did Sunday morning was sleep.
After we got up, dressed and got ready for the day... :) We headed up to my aunts house for a BBQ. It really was a nice little vacation away from planning dinner.
So that was my Mothers day. Simple, yet we never realize all the stuff and time we take for granted. I forget what its like to wake up because you want to get up, not because some little one wants to.
I wouldnt have wanted it any other way. Sleeping in, breakfast made, time to myself. Whats better??
A shout out to all my friends who have children, and those who dont ( who soon will one day)
Happy Mother's day everyone!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home