Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Quick Update!

Things have been going well for our family. Not much to report other than the girls are growing and changing each day.. and when I say girls I'm meaning Caitlynn as well. She's growing to be quite the drama queen.. Caitlynn will stand with her hands on her hips and just glare at you. Where did my little innocent baby go?? She's acting more and more grown up, and its very sad!

Jaidynn has been doing well. We had some issues with colic, but we figured that we would try to rule out everything before we assumed it was full blown colic.. First we bought new bottles, slower flowing ones so it helped with her reflux. She would gulp the milk down, and it just made it come right back up. Still did nothing

Second we bought new pacifiers.. The hospital ones she didnt really like. She kept spitting it out and screaming almost like she knew it was to try to calm her down and she was having none of that! Still didnt work.

Bundling, swinging, tummy time, mom/dad holding her... Nothing seemed to be an exact reason. So we ended up buying a few different types of formula, trying each one to see the reaction. Some had great outcomes for a few days, and then right back to the screaming for hours. Some had a little effect, almost enough to get you a good hour more of sleep, and then constant screaming... So then we tried the basic " store brand" lactose free formula, and that night we got silence for four hours straight...

The bad part is, it didnt last either, but its made her a bit more comfortable, and less cranky. Each baby has there days, so I cant expect perfection, but its a lot better than before.

I want to just say to include in this portion of "fussy babies" that Jeff has been my life saver through this all. He's got up with Jaidynn more times then I probably have, and he's really good with finding out what makes her comfortable. The other day I woke up to Jeff sleeping on the couch, Jaidynn bundled really tight, laying on his chest, and both sound asleep... I knew she had been up for a good few hours crying, and he went in the front room so I could sleep. I have the BEST husband and the girls have the BEST dad! He's the dad that takes the girls to their doctors appointments ( by himself because I cant get off work) He will go grocery shopping with them, by himself. He read " the happiest baby on the block" book, and I havent even read it. He will always change the girls, #1 and #2. I feel lucky to be able to lean on such a great guy!

Caitlynn's new thing is to close her eyes when you bring out the camera.. She thinks that I cant see her if she cant see me...
... And her attitude.. Her eyes are constantly rolling at me! Once again DRAMA QUEEN!! And last but not least. I felt like I had accomplished a big task this past weekend. We had a lot of plans, so my laundry got behind... I folded ( this is no lie) 11 baskets of clothes that day, and I regret taking a picture of the pile of clothes before i folded them. it was HUGE!
This is only about 1/3 of it, but I thought it was funny the things we feel so good about when your a mom... Getting all the laundry done in one day! Especially with a child who throws up all over each blanket, outfit, bib and whatever else is in the way. ( probably a good 10 times a day!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Evie B. said...

I feel your pain on the laundry. Just wait for potty training, too when you have a load of all panties. :) Ahhhh, the things we do.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Emily Walker said...

Holy cow, the picture of Jaidynn smiling in the jacket looks like Caitlynn's baby pictures. So fun! Funny that Caitlynn is being your drama queen. She is too big.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Ashlie said...

Jaidynn looks just like Caitlynn! They're both so cute! I hate laundry, especially folding it, so I'm sorry to you, but it's nice to feel accomplished at something.

8:18 AM  
Blogger C. Houghton said...

Gotta love the laundry. I really do feel for you on any laundry, even just one or ten, it sucks!
I think the picture of Jaidynn smiling looks just like Caitlynn did as well. So cute!

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home