Sunday, January 18, 2009

One big post!
So after realizing that I havent updated my blog in a while, I decided to include everything in one big post today! The past few days have been great. We have had a few days off as a family and tried to make them all worth while. Our new favorite thing to do ( this is since the weather has been good) has been venturing to feed the ducks and play at parks. Caitlynn just loves getting out and throwing bread at all the ducks. The only bad thing about this is, she hasnt quite grasped the concept that we have to leave when we are out of bread... she thinks we have never ending stashes of bread in the car, and will throw her normal temper tantrum if we try to put her in the car to go home...
Here is a few pictures of one of our days at the park, it depressed me that my own daughter didnt need my help ONE BIT! She would point to the park bench and tell me to sit down, and she went off to play by herself! She's growing up way too fast!
This will make most people a bit weirded out for a second.. haha. But Jeff and I decided we would like to get Caitlynn a pet of her own, we thought about fish, but thinking how less interactive they really are for kids made us think of something else...
so we went to petsmart and looked around, and Caitlynn was so excited to sit and watch the mice and rats. She laughed everytime they would come up to the glass, and everytime they would run on the wheel.
We thought about getting her a cute hamster, but they were like twenty bucks for one! plus the cage, food, etc... I have never owned a hamster, but when I was younger I had a pet rat.
So.... We ended up buying Caitlynn a pet rat... SHE LOVES IT!! She's always begging me to " take out the mouse" lol. Jeff always tries to correct her and say.. " its not a mouse its a rat" and she'll argue with him saying its a mouse!
Its such a tame little creature, and Caitlynn just adores it... We are going to try to teach her a bit of responsibility when it comes to feeding it and cleaning the cage, that way she knows its not always that fun... :)
We dont have a name yet, Jeff likes "splinter" haha. But its a girl, That doesnt really fit so well.
After all is said and done we now have a big food chain at our house... haha. Us...
the dogs...
the cats...
and a rat!
I'm trying to take some really cute pictures of Jaidynn in her new outfits. SHES NOW OUT OF PREEMIE CLOTHES!! YAY!!... But everytime I get her all cute and ready for a picture she throws up EVERYWHERE! We've got a bit of a relux problem, but not too bad. I think its just my bad luck. I'll get more updated pictures of Jaidynn. Her next doctors appointment is the 27th, so we dont really have any news on a weight gain yet, but I'm sure she's about 7 pounds now!

8 Comments:

Blogger Shanna said...

oh I'm so sorry but that is SO nasty!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Ashlie said...

She's getting so big! And her rat is cute :) I always wanted a rat, but they gross mom out.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Evie B. said...

I officially love you but may never visit your house. :) Rat-phobia-major.

Cute little lady HOLDING the rat, though - haha!

xoxo,
Evonne

12:15 AM  
Blogger Emily Walker said...

Darling pictures of Caitlynn :) I am feeling the rat actually!! She seems so happy with the thing, so I'm glad you got it for her. lol She is for sure growing up too much though. I cannot believe all the ducks at that park either. It's so funny how kids decide when we "get to take our break." Brooklynn tells me no and to sit down too. ha ha Gotta love the kids. Can't wait to see more pictures of Jaidynn.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i love the rat! my best friend had them growing up and they were always black and white! he loved to take care of them. We really should go to the museum soon i try to go at least once a week.... so call me any time. I usually go at 10 cause that seems to be the least busiest. let me know I'm sure the kids would love it!

7:02 PM  
Blogger C. Houghton said...

How fun that you guys decided on having Caitlynn get a rat, I'm glad that she loves it. Lachele has always wanted a mouse or rat when we have gone into the stores but I never seem to cave in. I don't think I'll let her get one until she's in school, then we'll decide if it's ok with Brandon.
I can't believe how big Caitlynn is getting though, how crazy!
They definately grow up way too fast.

5:12 AM  
Blogger Kim and Chet said...

OMG...you are such a brave girl! I've told my kids that they will never have a hamster or gerbil b/c they resemble mice and rats too much, let alone getting a REAL one!

GO YOU!!!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Homemade Toys said...

Wow your rats are adorable!! Could I possibly use some of your pictures for my new site Rat Info ? If so could you post them on the Rat Forums to let me know I have consent? I would love to add them to out Cute Rat Pictures page!!!

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home