Thursday, December 11, 2008

Could this be??!!
What a stressful past few weeks... It seemed to never end, or never nearing its end. Today while making my usual visit for a feeding, I had noticed Jaidynn's oxygen was not on anymore. They have been putting her on " room air trials" which would always end up after a few hours the oxygen would have to go back on.. As of now, Jaidynn has been on room air since Noon yesterday and has been keeping her levels stable enough to not need anything! yay! I was also informed that they have moved her from stage 2 eating, to stage 3! Which means she's getting all her feeding by mouth. They do still keep the stupid feeding tube in her nose for 48 hours of being on stage 3 so they can make sure she gains weight and they dont have to go back to that type of feeding. The speech pathologist guy came back in to check her breathing while she eats, and he said she's perfectly normal now.. No more issues with the first part of her eating. The first time he came in Jaidynn kept showing signs that she would just focus on eating and not breathing.. Now its gone! I saw a little yellow note on Jaidynn's chart today that requested this nurse come in to talk to me. I was a bit nervous about it, never knowing what they would say to me, or what it would be about. The nurse actually came in and handed me this orange paper.. She mentioned that she was the "discharge nurse" She wanted to prepare our family for Jaidynn coming home next week. I was so so so happy!! ( dont mind how wrinkled the paper is, and the lovely grease spot... Thanks to my child! ) Basically all we have left to do is a car seat test, which will be done a day or two before she comes home, as well as her hearing test which will be done that same day. Plus we have to watch a carseat video which we will get done by this weekend. Its getting so close! I'm just so happy that we get to have Jaidynn home before Christmas! Jaidynn weights 4 pounds 4 ounces, and will be 35 weeks gestation on Monday. Everyone has mentioned how smart and quick she has learned all her eating/breathing tasks at such a young gestational age. I'm so happy that I'll soon be able to have her home!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ashlie said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad that she'll be coming home soon!! I can't wait to meet her too. :)

9:22 PM  
Blogger Emily Walker said...

Congrats! That is such great news! Jaidynn needs to spend her first Christmas home with her family. I am so, so, so happy just like you! Good luck getting everything ready.

7:50 PM  
Blogger C. Houghton said...

I am so excited that she'll be home soon. I can't believe that it's already been as long as it's been. I'm sure for you it's just been dragging but holy cow how exciting. I can't wait to see her!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Shanna said...

I have your crib ready whenever you want it!

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home