Tuesday, December 02, 2008

THE SWEETEST FACE!!
So more updates to post.. I guess its good that things are changing, and thankfully not for the bad. I am so grateful for that!!
Today was a great day for Jaidynn. She is now up to 3 pounds 11 ounces. Her feedings were not going so well yesterday while we were at the hospital, they kept having to bring over oxygen while she ate, Her oxygen would go down quite a bit and she would start making gargle noises in her throat. It really scared me. The nurse at the time said she for sure had reflux. I was so sad because its so hard to have any type of down fall. I cant complain a lot because it could be something extremly serious, and some babies in the NICU have been there for months, but even the littlest thing breaks my heart and pushes the weeks from coming home farther away...
HOWEVER!!
Today was great. I went up to the hospital for her 2pm feeding, She did great on her feedings, and her monitor did not beep once!! NO de-sats while I was there, and even while feeding... She was more "burpy" than anything. I rubbed her back and she got out a lot of air during her feeding... I felt like I was somewhat helpful. haha.
Is this not the cutest picture!!
And... Notice the clothes!!!
This is how she looks after her feedings... She seriously goes right to sleep, and doesnt care for the other babies crying, or monitors beeping... its so funny!
Look at her chicken legs! haha
When I arrived at the NICU I peaked in her bed, and noticed her feeding tube was out of her face. I got excited for a bit, but noticed that she had pulled it out herself.. How would that feel?? Owie!! The nurse put it back in, and the poor thing sneezed like 3 times.. I bet its just irritating!!
This is her BEFORE THE FEEDING... haha
These pictures are from the "bad night" On monday. Notice the oxygen still.
She does so good with diaper changes.
I have FIVE FINGERS!!
AND THE MOST EXCITING THING TO REPORT!!!
This is how Monday was....
AND THIS IS TODAY!!!
I know its so dramatic... but its really a big step. Jaidynn's finally out of the isolette. I'm so happy to see her out of it, and its so easier for feedings, and diaper changes... I feel like she's finally free of the "cave" Whats even better is she's still on room air, and she's doing wonderful with her temperature, and her oxygen.
Cross your fingers that it will only be another 1-2 weeks before she gets to come home!! ( I'm guessing right before christmas...) Can you believe its been 2 weeks in the NICU already?? It goes by so slow, but fast.. Dont ask me to explain that.. :)
This week will be a busy one. I've got a lot of work to do ( since I'm working from home) Me and Jeff have a infant CPR class we are taking on Thursday, My brother Andrew will be coming down to get Lasik surgery on his eyes on Friday. Its just run, run, run... I'll bring the camera for the ride! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger C. Houghton said...

She is adorable! I am so glad that she is able to be in the NICU crib rather than the isolette now, just shows more & more improvements. How exciting! I hope she's able to come home before Christmas, how exciting!!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Ashlie said...

I can't believe how cute she is!! Well I can actually, you produce some pretty cute kids ;) It's nice to see her in a normal crib and I hope she'll be home with you guys for Christmas!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Emily Walker said...

Way fun pictures. I am so glad you are getting tons each time to visit. She is so sweet and precious and is your little blessing. I can't believe how well she is doing considering everything. I am so happy! I love the cute clothes and bed she has finally graduated to :)

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home