Update
Jaidynn is doing quite well. Today the NICU nurse removed her IV after her last antibiotic dose. She's still on room air and has been doing pretty good with that.
They have told me they are going to fortify her milk so it has more calories, and hopefully it helps her to start gaining a lot more weight.
Also, they have told me sometime this week she will be removed from the isolette. The Nurse told me they have to remove her, put clothes on her, and see how her temperature holds up with doing that. If its normal, than they will take her out of the isolette. So hopefully she'll pass that test!
The staff has also told me she's showing signs of reflux, which is normal for the amount of feedings she's getting constantly on her little tummy. So they may start putting reflux med's down her feeding tube to see if that helps... They are just watching it as of now, so nothing to report with that.
Jeff and I are pro's when it comes to reflux. Poor Caitlynn had it BAD! I mean... Like throw up across the room bad! Hopefully Jaidynn will pass that by and just start taking in all the calories to plump up. :)
Here are a few pictures I took today.
Dont you just love her little leg sticking out??? Its so skinny and she looks so comfortable.. haha
This "wrap" is made to make the babies feel like they are still in the Mom's belly. They even have a Jelly filled pillow that they lay on so it feels like the inside of the mother. Its so high tech!




7 Comments:
You have such a beautiful little girl. I will keep both of you in my prayers. I am glad that although its been a bumpy ride you can now see a light at the end of the tunnel. You are such a strong woman and I hope for you and your family the best!
She is so adorable, I am so glad she is doing as well as she is, and I am glad you and Jeff are able to handle as well as you are, you guys are very strong...Let me know if you need anything, I have some premie clothes cause I went into early labor but they wont help because they are boy clothes :)
Audrey she is so cute!
I can now tell what you were talking about with the hair bow ;) lol.
I'm so glad that she's doing so well. I can't wait to meet her in person.
Oh the good old reflux!!! Dax still has it and has been off the feeding tube for like two months!! I am so glad that she is doing so well! I guess she is giving you a break since you delt with so much while you were pregnant with her!!!
She is so cute!! I remember when Caitlynn would project...that was great fun.
she is SOO cute!
Those are some sweet, sweet pictures! She is looking so good. I'm glad she is doing so well :) How precious.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home