This is just a Video that I tried taking of Jaidynn before her feedings... She gets so frustrated and tries so hard to eat anything she can put in her mouth! Today Jaidynn is 4 pounds 1 ounce. They have moved her to stage "two" in the feeding phase which is a total of 4 feedings by mouth a day. She LOVES to eat... The nurse today did give us a timeline and said that if she stays stable on her oxygen and has no apnea attacks or has to be stimulated to breath than she could be coming home next week sometime!! I was so so so happy to hear that!! So then.... The nurse came back in after her feedings and had to rub her back to remind her to take deep breaths. She had to count that as the " apnea attack" and chart it down for the doctors. She than tells me that they require 7 days stay after any attack.. I was crushed... Right when we were talking about going home something bad happened... So 7 days from today if things stay good... SO STRESSFUL!
I keep thinking to myself " what if she goes 6 days without an attack, and than on day 7 she has one" I will honestly break down. I dont think I can take anymore NICU, Traveling, or pumping at the moment... ugh!! I really want this little one to be home before Christmas!!


4 Comments:
I HATE the 7 day rule I cried every time it "happened" its so awful!
I want her home too!!! I wish you the best :)
I want her to be home for you guys before Christmas so I'm praying for you.
I love the video, she's adorable!
It shows that she totally isn't waiting on anyone if she's hungry - she's determined to find something even if it's her own hand! haha. So cute!
oh yea I hope & pray she will be home for christmas for you!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home