Monday, January 26, 2009

Just one of those days...

So after work today I started some laundry, got the kids in the bath, dressed and comfortable. Everyone was settled in...

I went downstairs to switch the laundry out, and came back upstairs and walked into a big puddle of water in my kitchen... Literally not one spot of crappy lenolium ( I have the most horrible 60's floor design ever!) was not covered in water...

I noticed my dishwasher was POURING water. I grabbed every towel I had on hand and put it on my floor. I could not believe this happened in a matter of minutes!

I decided to take pictures after I had most of the water cleaned up, but just to document this horrible experience and to of course vent and complain to everyone on my blog... :)

After I used about 10 towels on my floor, I had to hand scoop out the water from inside my dish washer, and use massive amounts of recieving blankets. ( I have a good 100 of these!) I finally got all the water out of the dishwasher, and off my floor... UNTIL... I went downstairs to throw those towels in the laundry to be washed I noticed the water had been leaking through the floors to my downstairs. Thankfully its not a finished downstairs so I basically had to mop up the puddle down there too, but WOW! What a day... Can we just hope that tomorrow doesnt bring me anything worse?? And lets hope my dishwasher is just clogged and I dont have to purchase a brand new one!!! ugh! I need to go to bed!

3 Comments:

Blogger C. Houghton said...

I'm sorry about your dish washer Audrey - that sucks way bad! I would be venting to say the least as well lol.

5:04 AM  
Blogger chrissie said...

yuck. i can recall this happening at the apartments when the cleaning people used dishsoap TO CLEAN IT. im sorry how frustrating i wonder what happened to go through your floor we just got a new washer because we lost the pump so it drained to the basement blugh. what a mess!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Ashlie said...

Oh boy, been here done this and it's no fun. Hopefully you don't have to buy another one, that is no fun either. Good luck with it!

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home