Tuesday, August 12, 2008

LET THE FRUSTRATION BEGIN!!

Today was officially the day where I'm completely frustrated with my health insurance. I remember being frustrated with the amounts they DIDNT cover when Caitlynn was in the hospital, and how if you take one IB Profen at the hospital its 30 bucks!! I told Jeff I'd bring my own after I have the baby! haha. This was just the beginning of my frustration with insurance. Needless to say, with this pregnancy its getting worse and worse...

A bit of back history for you - when I was pregnant with Caitlynn my labor was stopped 6 times before I hit 30 weeks into my pregnancy. Each day was an adventure to the unknown, and usually ended up in the hospital getting a steriod shot "just in case" I was to deliver the baby before her lungs were developed.. Anyways.. That was my 1st pregnancy. They also say with each pregnancy I have, its a higher chance that I'll deliver even earlier than 34 weeks. Scary to our family since going home without Caitlynn was hard enough, and 100 visits to the hospital sure takes a toll on every emotion!

So after this said... My doctor calls me today to tell me the Progesterone Shots that start this Friday will NOT be covered by my insurance company. The Nurse told me it would be 30 dollars a week up until I'm 36 weeks.. Which let me tell you... Totals 2700 dollars!! ( which is basically 4 months worth) I'm shocked, mad, upset, about ready to cry because this shot is suppose to help my body keep this baby inside me longer, and help prevent pre-term labor...

This is the picture I get when I think about my insurance company. After speaking with the doctors office, I called the Insurance company and they told me it wont be covered by anyone under 40 years old. I guess they think that younger women never have a problem regulating progesterone.. ugh!
After holding for a good 30 minutes I was faxed a document that can be filled out by my doctor that can help them "approve the medication" It wont guarantee coverage for this medication, but it will help the company get my side of the story and figure out why I need the drug..
Cross your fingers for me that they will approve this!!!
As sad as it sounds.. I really do hope I can get this shot to help with this pregnancy! Never wanted a shot so bad in my life.. haha.

To top it off... I go on my lunch hour to get a break away from my work desk, frustration, and anger... I'm always in the mood for a baked potato, so I drive up and order exactly that.. and they are all out! My day can not get worse! haha.

The only food I crave 24-7 is unavailabe... No sour cream, butter, salt and pepper.. mmm. :( I'm just going to hide in a corner for today... Nothing is going right!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily Walker said...

haha Sad, but then funny post! I will pray for you Audrey. I know how much a healthy happy baby means to you. I sure hope the insurance company can understand. :) And soon. I hope you've had a baked potato since the day the whole world was OUT!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home