Oh the joys... The title in this picture pretty much says it all for me. I will give you the back history from my past five days this week/weekend. .
On Tuesday this last week I started having a lot of cramping and pains. My doctor ( who is a very smart and trustful person) Tried to treat me for a UTI, which is obviously not uncommon for pregnant women, but after 5 days of antibiotics, each day was getting worse... so Tuesday night I started spotting a bit.
With my past history of pregnancy problems, spotting is for sure one of the worst things that can happen when you have experienced many miscarriages.
So on Tuesday night I was directed to visit the E.R. my doctor was not available to see me since he had the night off ( just my luck) But I had other great doctors to observe me.
After a few tests... well okay. a TON of tests, blood work, urine tests, and ultrasound, everything looked okay other than my patasium was extremly low.
As we sat there during the 5th hour of being there, the doctor came in and told me that the signs I'm having is practically a "threatened miscarriage" There is no sign of what will happen in the future, or if I will loose this baby, but they did tell me its practically a gamble. 50/50 chance of a normal pregnancy or miscarriage (preemature birth) After hearing this, the doctor calmly walked out of the room, and a nurse came back in to tell me the SAME THING... Its one thing to hear it once, but I swear any E.R. person is never updated and always tell you the same thing over and over... She then proceeds to tell me that WHEN I miscarry to put it in a little container and bring it in.. All while cupping her hand using that for an example..
I'm a very understanding person and can really hold myself from breaking down, but this lady/nurse was horrible.. and continued to tell me how "normal" it is to miscarry and that we probably have all experienced it... I was in shock. She did not know my past problems.
So I was told that I would need to be on bedrest for the remaining of the week.
Bedrest is horrible. I'm such an active person, Working, cleaning, caring for Caitlynn, and trying to motivate myself to just sit there was such a struggle.
My mother in law was great. She took Caitlynn on Friday for me for five hours, so I could have some alone time by myself.
Jeff works two jobs, so it was very hard for him to take any time off to watch CAitlynn while I rested. Although on the times he did have off he really did help out.
I was naughty a few times and took a walk up the street with caitlynn to try to get her to go to sleep. Other than that I would have loved to see the outside, done any type of activity, let Caitlynn play with friends... I just struggled so much.
I want to thank everyone who was concerned, or who offered their help with Caitlynn, or to bring me food, etc. I really love all my friends and family. They really are such a big help to me!
I'm sorry for anyone who didnt know that I was on bedrest. I tried to tell everyone but I didnt know what to expect after being told that it would be 50 percent chance of loosing this baby. It was pretty hard to talk about.
So far I'm doing well. No more signs of spotting,bleeding, and pain killers are helping with the cramping. I will update you all after my doctor appointments.
Thank you all for everything! :)


3 Comments:
You are a strong strong person & you will make it through everything just fine. I know it! I'm glad that Cait was able to go with your mother in law for a while on Friday to allow you to get some stuff done & get some rest as well. We need to get together soon!
Wow. What a crazy week. ER's are awful I'm sorry you had to through that mess. And what an inconsiderate nurse you had. Have some empathy! I am glad that you have so many wonderful people in your life who are willing to help out. I pray that everything will work out for you.
I can relate! I was in bed rest with Makayla towards the end of my pregnancy, (she was still 5 weeks early) and it was horrible. They wanted me down until I was at least 37 weeks but she decided to come anyway. I felt so helpless and depressed during those weeks I was down. I hated that somebody else had to take care of Kylee for me and just felt completely utterly useless! But that dreaded 50/50 chance is the worst thing to have to hear! They told me that with my last pregnancy and it was horrible just having to wait to see what happened. And I don't care how normal it is to miscarry it is still DANG hard to go through, even if you are somewhat preparing for it. I wish you the best of luck and hope everything works out good! Heaven knows you deserve it :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home