Thursday, July 10, 2008

My heart breaks...

I recieved a call at my work on Tuesday from a gentleman who told me that there had been an accident at my babysitters house, and that Caitlynn was good, but I needed to pick her up as soon as possible.

I tried asking questions but the gentleman wouldnt release any information, but told me that the west jordan police was on scene and that they could possibly inform me. When I pulled up to my babysitters house there were many cop cars, and police in the front of the house. One who had asked me if I was a parent, and recieved all my information.

I then proceeded to get Caitlynn and was escorted outside. I spoke with the babysitters husband who let me know that the six month old baby boy who she watches stopped breathing. I was in shock. I couldnt even imagine the pain and horrible experience that a care provider would feel watching and caring for others children.

Later on we found out that the boy was sleeping and had continued to sleep during his normal nap time, My babysitter was well aware of what was going on and continued to check up on him during his nap time. After a while she went back in for a last check and the boy was on his belly ( he had rolled over) and was face down in the crib.

It was at that time she knew something was wrong, and saw that the baby was not breathing. She did everything she could to help this little boy. CPR, calling 911, everything... The six month old boy did not make it.

They are rulling this out as a SIDS case, in which there was no control and could have happened anywhere. The reason this is so sad to me, is because both me and Jeff have had siblings die of Sudden Infant Death Syndrom. It also hit hard on us because Jeff's little brother who passed away also died at the babysitters. I just cant even imagine the pain on both ends.

This little boy was so darling! I got to see him almost every day when I dropped Caitlynn off at the babysitters. He was 6 months old, and almost 30 pounds! he really was a big boy! and I loved his rolls and chubby cheeks. I just want to say how sorry I feel for the parents, and for my babysitter. I just can not imagine the pain and sorrow for both sides.

Please pray for both families. Here is the little guys obituary. http://www.starksfuneral.com/obituary?o=44-67tG8MI6275

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Thanks for making me bawl my eyes out. He was so cute!!! He looked like he was so sweet. I could never imagine that happening to anyone and I can only imagine how yours and jeff's heart aches. He was just to perfect to be in this harsh world.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Angela W. said...

That is so terrible. I am going to go and check Alexis to be sure she hasn't rolled on her tummy. What a difficult thing to go through. The care provider and the family will be in my prayers. Wow!

12:18 AM  
Blogger Kim and Chet said...

That is so sad! What a horrible thing to happen. I feel so bad for both the family and the babysitter. How tough.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home